1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I'd have given Pence Betsy DeVos' billions if he had said, "Since I'm probably gonna be president in a couple weeks, I'm going to vote no. I could go to the local jail and find 10 better candidates. No offense to Ms. DeVos."

2. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

And most of the old, white disphits who voted for this clown don't give a fuck about education, their argument being "my kids aren't in school anymore." You could appoint Andrew Dice Clay and their answer would be, "well, if he lowers my property taxes."

3. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

The story of education in Florida.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Regarding her ideology, that is true, but I think the only reason it got to 50-50 is that she is an embarrassingly unqualified choice. Even Senate Republicans know she was the wrong choice, but they made sure there were still enough votes to get her confirmed.

If Trump had nominated someone with the same ideals, but with actual knowledge and experience, I wouldn't have had nearly the same issue with the choice. Elections should have consequences, but at least find people who have the knowledge to do the job. I am not kidding when I say I've heard high school students give more intelligent, informed answers to the question of using proficiency or growth in testing.

Neutral Corner and Smallpotatoes like this.
  5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

By 2019, many of Trump's cabinet picks are going to be burnt out and need replacing. If Democrats want to be able to stop the next wave, put in the hard work today of organizing to carry the midterms. Championships are won in the offseason.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And tell me again how many Democrats regularly cross the aisle on controversial issues?
    It's SOP for Washington, not one party or the other.

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Right. Maybe this time that will stick. Republicans won in 2010 and 2016 because they organized with help from those psychos in Club for Growth and Americans for Prosperity. Banging a fucking bongo in a park with 2,000
    Other assholes does nothing.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

There are extreme examples, and the DeVos confirmation was one of them. I don't disagree with LTL that her ideals seem to fit the mainstream Republican approach just fine, but her embarrassing performance in the confirmation process should have been enough to get them to say no.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I might pay good money to see a cabinet nominee combine.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Best hot take so far...

Fuck, let's go after Barron!

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Any B-level high school sophomore in a debate class would whip DeVos' ass bad in a debate on educational policy. The bitch is simply not smart.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.