1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Tell us you're not alarmed by everything you've seen in three weeks of this clown carnival.

2. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'm alarmed by a lot.

I'm not alarmed at all by a partisan vote on a Cabinet nominee.

Batman likes this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

As somebody with a second grader in a very good public school, the DeVos vote is by far the most troubling one to me.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

She's unsettling, I'll give you that. I'm more frustrated at the expectation that Republicans are supposed to bend over backward on every single issue to be "bipartisan" when the same is never asked nor expected of Democrats on contentious issues. Republicans who cross party lines are lauded as "mavericks," and Democrats that do the same on issues like gun control are excoriated as sellouts who want to destroy America, etc.

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I don't really devote any thought to Barron other than I'd hate to be him: ignored by your daddy while he's bouncing your pretty-princess 20-years-older two-moms-removed half-sister in a bikini on his lap while he tells you to go play in traffic.

Then, ignored by your daddy as he slobbers over your nieces and nephews, his "grandchilden." "Hey kid ... what was your name again!?!? ... look at these kids, Ivanka's kids!! Don't they look like me? Don't you think so? They really really look like me!! I have the best genes, you know!! And these kids, they got a double dose!! "

So in other words, I devote pretty much the same amount of thought to Barron Trump as Donald Trump does

Fucko certainly doesn't seem to have knocked himself out with overconcern over the fate of Tiffany, but at least he did devote some slobbering interest, when she was a 1-year-old infant, to what kind of tits she was going to grow up to have. Barron missed out on that.

[​IMG]

As for the Pretty Princess and Uday and Qusay: Open season. They're in on the grift.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I just don't see it that way. I certainly don't hold that kind of double-standard.

It doesn't justify confirming DeVos. I know it's not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but it was clearly wrong and even Senate Republicans seemed to know that, but they confirmed her anyway. (And yes, I do consider the 50-50 vote a confirmation because they clearly knew Pence would put her over the top.)

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Pretty much what LTL said. There's a lot of things I'm not happy with. There's a lot of things I recognize as the way things are going to work in a country split down the middle. I also think, right now, there is no nominee the Republicans could offer up for any cabinet post that the Democrats would not find objectionable on some level.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I can live with most of the others.
    DeVos, though, is Mrs. Roper from "Three's Company."

[​IMG]

dixiehack likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Good grief, Gen. Mattis was confirmed by a 98-1 vote for secretary of defense just a couple of weeks ago.

Of course, he's one of the few Trump appointees who A) knows WTF he's doing and B) isn't opposed to the very existence of the department he's now running.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

And yet we still heard in the run-up to his hearings that he was unfit for the position because he was too gruff.

11. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Peter Shankman could walk into my house and punch me in the balls and I would have no clue who he is. Still don't.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

It's good to see he's keeping busy since the Ghostbusters went out of business.

bigpern23 and Dick Whitman like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.