1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Jesus, who are these fucking people, where do you find them on twitter, and finally, why the fuck do you continually post them here?

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hooray for the Kumbayah Dems.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Looks like this guy was possibly on a "Rocky" movie poster. That's not nothing, you know.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I think somebody needs a refresher course on the Iraq war.

5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Who's we? Can't say I recall hearing that noise.

Try to spin it however you like, that 98-1 vote still overwhelmingly disproves your claim.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2017
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Dems defending 25 Senate seats (including 2 Independents who caucus with Dems) in 2018. GOP defending 8.

Odds are much more in favor of a 60-40 GOP majority than Dems taking back control.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

yeah, the one where Rocky was a pasty Brooklynite.

He looks like the living embodiment of that great Bubble sketch from Saturday Night Live, after the election. This is a politics board. We are supposed to be posting OUR thoughts and ideas. Or politicians.

Not some fucking upset nobody with a twitter handle who uses poor judgement.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I agree that the math is unfavorable, but I'm telling you I haven't seen this level of organized anger since the Tea Party days, and before that not in my living memory. It remains to be seen whether Democrats can harness that passion, but don't sleep on it just yet.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I'm all for publicizing this and exposing the potential for conflict, but are you arguing that anyone who has contributed to a presidential or senate campaign is barred from serving in a cabinet?
    Reminds me a bit of the argument by a former National Review writer (he was fired) that any civil servants should lose the right to vote because of their obvious conflict.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Dumpf said he was gonna make everything GREAT!!!!, and real real fast!!

So anything and everything that isn't GREAT, people are going to be looking for somebody to blame.

Right Away. Starting Three Weeks Ago.

You said you were gonna make everything GREAT, why isn't it great yet?

Huh? Huh? Come on, rich boy.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Secretary of Commerce has traditionally been the post for megadonors, since no one in or out of government is quite sure what that Secretary is supposed to do. Education is a salient political issue, so making a hyper-political controversial choice might turn out to be more of a negative than a positive for the administration.
    This isn't that complicated. The Democratic base wants its legislators to fight, fight, fight, so even Senators up for 2018 in states as red as can be (Manchin, Heitkamp) are voting no and doing so emphatically. They know the only way they can win is if by then Trump is very unpopular. You don't drag down a President's approval rating by agreeing with him.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Those people aren't going to be voting for Democrats anytime soon. But they may well get discouraged and stay home, which is the next best thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.