1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

DeVos is the first salvo.

GOP lawmaker proposes abolishing Department of Education

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If this White House thing doesn't work out, she can become the poster child for false equivalency.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What do we think he did wrong here?

“My wife and I employed a housekeeper for a few years, during which I was unaware that she was not legally permitted to work in the U.S.,” Puzder said in a written statement provided by a spokesman.

“When I learned of her status, we immediately ended her employment and offered her assistance in getting legal status. We have fully paid back taxes to the IRS and the state of California,” said Puzder, who is chief executive of CKE Restaurants Inc., the Carpinteria-based parent of the Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s fast-food chains.

Sounds like he handled it properly, and was compassionate towards the individual involved.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

He beat the crap out of his wife and treated people who worked for his companies even worse.

6. YankeeFan

A. Democrat politicians -- I guess Jimmy Carter excepted -- don't send their kids to shitty public schools in any greater numbers than Republicans do.

Obama and Clinton both sent their kids to Sidwell. In Chicago, Obamas kids went to the University of Chicago Lab School, which is also where the current mayor of Chicago sends hi kids.

2. If you currently have young kids in a good public school, what exactly are your concerns regarding DeVos. Don't give me the macro argument. What are your specific concerns about your own child's education?

7. YankeeFan

That wasn't mentioned in the link.

I'm not sure your first point has been proven.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Not sure if it's still the case, but Carpinteria High used to have a rock-solid football program.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Wrong philosophy ... rinse, repeat.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

He beat the crap out of his wife. Of course he denied it, but he beat the crap out of her.

11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Sure, let's see that paperwork, mmm-kay?

12. YankeeFan

It's kind of funny.

If you favor legalizing folks in the country illegally, shouldn't we celebrate the people who employ them?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.