1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Nope, they can't. Then again, the R's can't dodge the blame for any shitbrained policies that come from Trump's cabinet picks either.

TowelWaver likes this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I understand that's the allegation.

I haven't spent a lot of time looking into it. I don't now what the evidence is.

Has it been proven?

3. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

LOL. Nice work, Geraldo.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

To most sane people's satisfaction, yes.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

That IEPs and 504 plans and the like will be junked and schools will be able to discriminate (either actively or through neglect) against kids who need special services. Further, I worry that those schools will be weakened because charters and private schools won't be taking their fair share of learning disabled kids or kids who need specialized assistance, leaving fewer dollars for public schools at the same time a greater percentage of their students will need more expensive assistance.

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

New Yorker:

[​IMG]

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Betsy DeVos has very close ties to the testing industry, which is needlessly pushing its product on schools to the tune of billions of dollars. This will continue and probably be expanded.

She also has a great interest in making public schools worse to boost her vision of charter and private schools. Unfortunately, as I said before, that's in keeping with current Republican thought.

8. YankeeFan

What was the evidence? Is there a police report? (I honestly have no idea. All I know is that she went on some talk show in disguise to talk about being battered.)

9. cranberry

And as much as YF doesn't think we should be allowed to be concerned about "macro" issues, I don't want tax dollars going to crony capitalists in the for-profit school industry that DeVos has lobbied so very hard to make possible.

outofplace and Inky_Wretch like this.
  10. YankeeFan

Macro issues are fine.

But people said they were concerned about their own kids.

Most of the macro issues aren't going to hurt a kid, with involved parents, in a good school system.

11. cranberry

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

OK, and you might well be right, but this is all within the boundaries of policy differences and the consequences of elections.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.