1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Welcome. We haven't had this level of intellect here since Reuben went away.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah, what if you live in a town with a bad system which then loses money to cream skimming charter schools? What if you live in a state that produces poorly educated kids and does not seem to give a shit?

Alabama is fucking horrible and doing nothing to fix it. Former Governor Bob Reilly and his daughter Mindy are doing their damnedest to push charter schools at the expense of the public school budgets because they are positioned to make a lot of money doing so. Think DeVos comes down on the side of better schools in general or charters?

Macro's ass, they re going to flush a generation.

Donny in his element likes this.
  3. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

If the next 21 months are anything like what we've seen so far, the pooch might be screwed so badly that any Democrat who can walk and chew gum at the same time has a shot in the midterm election.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

A. I was talking about Senators. And I think it's a valid question to ask since their votes will affect public school attendees.

B. I don't want my tax money going to private schools via the voucher system. I don't want somebody whose history indicates she puts no value in the public school system being in charge of education - just as I would not want somebody who doesn't value the military in charge of defense.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Except they can do exactly that if funding for public schools is siphoned off into private schools.

Also, that is one small part of the argument. Some of us are actually capable of caring about how things impact everybody, not just ourselves. Then again, some of us are capable of seeing past the laundry, something you can no longer do.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Substitute the words with "When I learned of her status" with "When I realized I was being considered for a Cabinet position" and get back to us.

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

How do you employ someone without knowing their Social Security number and by extension their legal status here?

I mean, I know how people do that. But the Zoe Baird standard is that if you want a Cabinet position this needs to be a fully legal employee, right?

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    The person above cares about:

A) IEPs
    B) 504s
    C) LOLs

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Puzder Paid Taxes on Undocumented Employee After Labor Secretary Nomination

Andy Puzder didn’t pay taxes for an undocumented worker he employed as housekeeper for several years until after President Donald Trump nominated him for labor secretary, a spokesman for the fast-food executive said Tuesday.

The “taxes were paid recently, since the nomination,” said George Thompson, spokesman for Mr. Puzder.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm sure he heard that fact from somebody in the "irresponsible media." RIGHT, MAX?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.