1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Look over THERE!!!

TowelWaver and Smallpotatoes like this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Cuomo is a uniquely unlikeable person, who has more disdain for the media than Trump, and a pool of corruption swirling around him.

I have no idea why he's considered a potential presidential candidate.

3. YankeeFan

He's trying to make hay with Dems for "resisting" DeVos.

He used to be an ally? What's changed, other than Cory's ambition?

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Naw, I kind of agree with him on Booker. Always has seemed like he's more interested in accumulating power than what he could do with it.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Liberals need to learn to differentiate between policy disagreements and the truly dangerous.

I don't like school vouchers, but it isn't on the same level as Trump's fascist tendencies.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It's a crack in the facade that's helped some Trump voters to question what he's doing for the first time. That's not nothing.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

They are probably working on a deceiving summary of the bill. HR 861, to terminate the Environmental Protection Agency.

Back in the mid-80's, when I was living in Houston, a guy I worked with bought a new house on I-45 south of town near Ellington Field. A couple of years after they moved in they found out that their home was two blocks from an EPA Superfund site. The whole neighborhood moved out, the ones with children fastest. EPA got them mortgage relief, because you could not sell a house there, no way in hell.

These fuckers.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

A link to Catholics4Trump.

And they say we can't trust the media these days ...

9. Baron Scicluna

Do they teach religious stuff at that school, or is it more of a STEM-based charter school?

I think most of the objection for charter schools are because of the religious aspect. People don't want taxpayer dollars going towards schools with heavy religious indoctrination and reducing resources for poorer public schools.

10. Baron Scicluna

They're also trying to come up with some alternative fact fancy nickname for the bill. Something like the "Business Freedom Act" or the "Environmental Liberty Act."

11. YankeeFan

Trump is turning liberal women into lonely cat ladies:

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I really don't know why it exists. It's just a high school connected to a junior college. Lots of the kids graduate with some college credit, but that's no big deal. But, no, it's not remotely religious, nor is it STEM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.