1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

What are these two dipshits doing on CNN right now?

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The eternal question.

dixiehack and Vombatus like this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Holmes & Holmes is on!

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh. I guess that's you being you, worrying about Cory Booker when your guy is busy being the asshole of the world.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I'm sure some of them are really well paid. But charters tend to ditch teachers who don't fit pretty quick. Ditto with students who don't fit

6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I will tell you that as someone with a good number of kids in private school, it is annoying to pay for education twice. Still not sure what the great evil of vouchers is. The state still makes money off of those getting the benefit.

7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

In the region I live, charter schools are almost exclusively located in inner-cities. No rich communities seek them out; families just vote to raise their property taxes for every spending increase the school board dreams up or the families send their kids to private schools.

I have my problems with charter schools, but how are they the tools of the rich?

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Go see how the charter schools in Trenton are doing ...

9. Vombatus

I swear, I thought I'd seen enough debates over the past two years. Fuck CNN. February 2017 and yet another debate. Someone should skullfuck Anderson Cooper.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  10. Vombatus

Does this qualify as a charter school?

[​IMG]

11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

You see a lot of it in sports around the country.

Also, some of the wealthiest communities in the Bay Area -- which means the wealthiest communities in the world -- have charter schools because rich Republican parents don't want the gubmint doin nothin (except paying for the school). At one such school, extracurriculars include a parent-paid $5,000 trip to Costa Rica.

Those setups are fairly common around the country, though not quite to that degree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.