1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

For Pete's sake, public education is not a service or a benefit. It was created because it's in the best interests of the country to have an educated, optimally productive citizenry.

HanSenSE, SnarkShark, HC and 3 others like this.
  2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Any negative polls are fake news.

Surprised you didn't get that memo.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Is it? Right now the people nominally in charge of representing the country's interests are in love with the poorly educated.

Neutral Corner and TowelWaver like this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

That isn't what you are doing. You are trying to change the topic rather than just accept that he screwed up. Folks weren't being dishonest when they said he got it wrong.

Regarding the last paragraph, MC is absolutely right. That as a horrible analogy.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Exactly. You aren't paying for a free education for your child with school taxes. You are paying to live in that district. Even if you don't have children in those schools, they can have an impact on you. For example, good schools raise your property values.

bigpern23 and RickStain like this.
  6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

In today's America, education is for politically correct pussies.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Looks like republicans won't have to go nuclear to confirm Gorsuch, which will drive the democratic base insane.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

“Let me tell you this – they can shut me up, but they can’t change the truth. What Coretta Scott King talked about Jeff Sessions doing back in 1986 is something every American should know about. ... [Sessions] had used the awesome power of his office to chill the free exercise of the vote by black citizens." ...

“Well, you know, this is a time when we can’t debate nominees. The Republicans are determined to just cram them down our throat sideways. You tell me a time in American history after we had a Department of Education, when it was that someone who basically doesn’t believe in public education would become the secretary of Education?”

Warren: GOP ‘can’t change the truth’

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

So what? Gorsuch is a legit candidate, and Dems can acknowledge that.

Now talk about Repugs who wouldn't cross the aisle for a fraud such as DeVos.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Under a voucher system, I would pay the same amount in taxes, just instead of getting all of the services that I'm paying for, free in a public school, I'm choosing a school but getting credit for a fraction of those funds that would be spent on my kids for books, security etc., that have nothing to do with religion. Private schools save the state a fortune. The public school system wouldn't be able to sustain itself if they closed.

12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Who are you arguing against?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.