1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Probably a good thing we shut down immigration entirely. I'd hate to see them be killed by our homegrown white nationalist terrorists ...

Since January 2015, the FBI has also arrested more anti-immigrant American citizens plotting violent attacks on Muslims within the U.S. than it has refugees, or former refugees, from any banned country.

It’s Not Foreigners Who are Plotting Here: What the Data Really Show

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

IMG_1880.jpg

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

They probably just win the lottery of the two who get to say no so President-elect Pence could ride in and save the day.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I bet the bigger issue was the teacher telling the college why it was being rescinded.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Every public school that is a magnet and uses a lottery system for entry has better results than the other public schools in the same area.

The lottery draws only parents who are actively engaged in their child's education and/or smart and talented kids who want to be challenged.

Once in, these magnet schools can kick out kids who aren't cutting it. Or suggest parents find a more suitable learning environment.

So it's pretty much cherry picking.

(I've been on both sides of this)

Donny in his element likes this.
  6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I could make an argument that you're increasing the burden, seeing as private school students tend to be wealthy, well-prepared, well-fed, well-mannered kids who make public schools better, not worse.

The more two-parent financially successful families that are in the public school system, the better that is.

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

How many of those papers are blank?

8. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

PBS had a documentary on last night about the emergence of the far right in the 1980s and the Oklahoma City bombing.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Don't know how she's gonna make it on a government salary without the cash from Nordstroms.

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Kind of like ala carte cable?

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.