1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It's the Fed, man. It's the fucking Fed.

cranberry likes this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It's terrible that she keeps pushing him to do the "right thing"?

Or that she has to?

Anyway, what the fuck does Fucko care about the Pretty Princess's clothes, since his primary obsession is to get her out of them?

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Did Trump run out of P to grab now he is wanting some Easy D?

HanSenSE likes this.
  4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Off nine cents from the intraday high. What about the trend??????!!!! [/YF]

DanielSimpsonDay and Inky_Wretch like this.
  5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

FIFY.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

7. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Easy I? I think I got myself lost in some alphabet soup

8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Another thing to note about the DeVos thing is that it's not like, had someone put their balls out and voted against her, Trump wouldn't have come back with another equally noxious and unqualified candidate, just one with a lower profile.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Since McCain and Graham are opening blasting Trump, why didn't they vote down DeVos?

10. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

In February 1933, an arsonist set fire to the Reichstag, the German parliament building. When a young communist was arrested for the crime, Adolf Hitler, who had become chancellor one month before, declared that it was part of a communist plot to overthrow the government. The next day, a law was signed essentially suspending all civil liberties, and Hitler quickly purged his political opponents from government and consolidated the Nazi Party's grip on power.

Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting that President Trump is going to turn the United States into a genocidal dictatorship. But we should understand that eventually, there will be some kind of terrorist attack on U.S. soil — perhaps one that fails, or one that succeeds in killing a few Americans, or more than a few. While we have been remarkably safe from terrorism since September 11 — fewer than 100 of us killed by jihadi terrorists over those 15 years — such attacks do happen from time to time. And when the first one of Trump's presidency occurs, he will probably move quickly to take advantage of it. In fact, I'd be surprised if Stephen Bannon and Stephen Miller aren't already working on a plan for what to do when they get the chance.

Beware Trump's Reichstag fire

11. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Good memory from Friday(?)'s discussion. Don't know. My first inclination would be to say that the Education Secretary isn't a hill they wanted to threaten their careers on. My guess is if they "go rogue" it's going to be over something military, for some obvious reasons.

12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I don't think you're that far from that viewpoint right now. Just look at most school millage votes. Normally comes down to if the district can drum up enough parents to vote on their lunch break to counter the seniors who don't have kids in the house and don't want their property taxes to go up.

bigpern23 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.