1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Because they don't give a shit about education. They'll save getting mavericky for a topic they care about.

McCain is passionate about the military and not much else. That was one of his biggest downfalls in his run in '08 -- the economy tanked in the middle of the presidential race, and he couldn't even pretend to care.

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I see what the argument is, but two wrongs don't make a right and won't make a difference. Besides, a Gorsuch-for-Scalia swap is far from the end of the world for liberals, as the right wing of the SCOTUS replaces their "emotional leader" with a rookie.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Might be time to detonate a dirty bomb somewhere over the Dakotas.

4. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Wait, if I'm reading this right, my taxes go to educating kids even though I don't have any? What the fuck!?!

Kidding, of course. I pay a lot in taxes, and I'm fine with it. Yeah, wish it wasn't SO much, but it's because of where I live. Public education benefits everyone, even those of us who chose not to breed.

Though, I did hear candidate Trump say not paying taxes is "smart." So maybe I won't and see how that works out for me. I'm at least adding note that none of my money is to go toward a border wall. I was told I won't have to pay for that.

5. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

It aggravates me to no end that the seat was stolen from Obama/Garland. Just flat-out fucking stolen. Gorsuch is a legitimate candidate, unless some disqualifying info comes out. There is a school of thought that the Democrats should let this one go and dig in for the next opening on the SCOTUS. I lean toward that direction.

But what happened with Garland is shameful.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The false-flag assassination attempt I've been predicting for a year.

8. Starman

Or a truck blows up in Chicago.

Be Careful.

9. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Yeah, I thought maybe they would swing a close vote to shove it up Trump's ass anyway.

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

11. Starman

Nope --- no way any GOPer would be allowed to cast a vote that would actually imperil any of the buffoon nominees thrown up by Team Fucko.

Because, as noted before, they're pretty much all disastrously unqualified and unsuitable for their posts. If one goes down there's pretty much no reason they all shouldn't.

12. Starman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.