1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

We don't have quotas, but we celebrate good numbers.

So, no, we don’t have quotas. And, yes, we absolutely do celebrate our progress in ensuring that more people have access to the full range of reproductive health care, including abortion. And we always will.

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

"Counseled." Is that like being sent to stand in the corner? Or sent back to her office without dessert?

4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Why don't you quote the rest of it, such as the parts where they want women increased access, so they don't wind up being the 2017 version of Gerri Santoro.

6. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Way to jump to conclusions there, Hoppy.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I think, for too many Democrats, it's basically the latter, which is how we got the Bernie Sanders campaign.

But the bigger concern is on the local level. There are states where Democrats can't and won't win much unless they're anti-abortion/pro-life. Now, I'd rather have a pro-life Dem, by and large, than a pro-life Republican, but I'm rarely given that choice, no pun intended.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

TheSportsPredictor likes this.
  11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It doesn't even need to be secret. The Democratic Party just needed to grow up, and it couldn't.

We got Trump as a result. He could set back the nation decades!

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I would too. But in a country that only realistically accommodates two major political parties, I'm having to learn what it means to be in coalition and listen to perspectives very different from my own. And while I voted that way for years, I can no longer make myself swallow the hypocrisy of a party that wants to promote births but then do nothing to ease the burdens of the new child and its mother in desperate situations promoting itself as "pro-life".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.