1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think it is important to realize that the Ninth Circuit panel didn't say the Trump administration couldn't win a case on the executive order. They just said you can't win a case with the weak shit you brought in here. If there was someone, anyone in the administration who cared more about results than "strong actions" they can save themselves yet.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'm about halfway through the PBS doc on Oklahoma City and the ravages of white so-called Christian nationalism.
    Ruby Ridge was a disaster of law-enforcement protocol. Weaver, while armed, walks out of his house and isn't pointing the gun at anybody. They made martyrs out of wretched racists who deserved to be prosecuted.
    And for the future, I'm terrified. Trump has already indicated he has no real problem with the Aryan Nations, The Order and the like. They've been de-emphasized per his guidelines. I won't be shocked if they pull off their wet dream of a mass murder. And if they do, they'll surely get away with it because the FBI, the agency charged with investigating such things, is in Trump's pocket. He won't want the perps arrested, and they won't be.
    This is the New America.

heyabbott likes this.
  3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I'm so confused. I thought we were going to be winning in America again.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

No. It'd be a reverse 9/11. Trump's support would collapse. Our country isn't that far gone. And cops won't stop being cops. Give 'em a crime, they'll try and solve it.

Batman likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Doesn't look like they're listing to @Alma:

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I was responding to Abbott's rant blaming "white middle America" and its general ignorance and stupidity -- and that alone -- for electing Trump. As a white middle American who put a lot of thought into his vote, it rankled me. It was also difficult to address that particular issue without using the term Abbott used.
    I didn't realize "white" was a four-letter word. I'll be more careful next time.

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh, I think they're going to try and make some changes. Question is: are they willing to brush off liberal blogs, Samanatha Bee, John Oliver and other honks who may not like some of the candidates' stances on social issues.

8. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Your cracker ass has a lot to learn about people.

doctorquant likes this.
  9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

There is a point where I don't really care why people installed a mentally ill fascist. If the Democratic candidate turns people out at Obama levels, we don't need to flip a single Trump voter to win. Whatever their reasons, they are fuck-ups and need to be outvoted.

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Some of it is on him. He's mediocre at campaigning for others. Some are great at it, some aren't. He wasn't.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The Democratic candidate was demonized for six months by Sanders snowflakes who now seek to run the party.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.