1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Alma, this is not meant to be snarky. It's an honest question. Which Presidents WERE good at campaigning for others? Hard to think of any in my lifetime. Eisenhower had an opposition Congress for six years. Johnson took a beating in '66. Nixon lost his one midterm. Reagan lost two. Clinton only held his own in '98. Bush did well in 2002 because 9/11. In 2006 he got smoked.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I actually read something interesting on Facebook today. From a friend who made the point that, if this ban is so essential and this threat is so grave and urgent, the stay would likely be lifted if Trump simply rewrote the EO to comply with the legal standards at question here.

Of course, he won't do that, because that would require him to admit he was wrong. So, he'll keep fighting and fighting over the flawed EO, thus proving once again that this was never about national security to begin with.

Am I missing something?

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

The democrat candidate was treated by the press as if she was expected to be perfect and excoriated for only getting 98% of the way there.
    Trump was treated as a functional illiterate and cheered by the press for not shitting his pants while walking

5. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I would be super careful near open flames, broseph.

Just sayin'.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Believe me, I feel like I'm covered in Sterno right now.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh, I dunno about that.

Sanders snowflakes didn't help Clinton

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Sanders was civilized he criticized her about policy and vision. He may have hurt her but it was honest and reasonable.
    Johnson and Stein deserve a place with Nader in hell

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Board Racist is mad at White America. That must be confusing.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Stein, my neighbor, is a nice neighbor. But we all have nutso neighbors who're nice to deal with. Few of 'em run for President with, let's face it, Kremlin backing. The sad part is the people who fall for the con.

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Yes that was it. The cheering press put trump in. Poor excoriated Hillary.

QYFW likes this.
  12. Michael_ Gee

She lost cause she lost. There are 135 million reasons, same as votes cast. In other news, there are a 1000 people at Rep. Chaffetz's town hall tonight in suburban Salt Lake. They're not there with garlands.

Neutral Corner likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.