1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Donals Trump is going to play golf today with Japan's prime minister. There goes another ally. Sad!

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

They do in some places. The point is that teachers do often buy supplies for their classrooms and there is a fairly good chance DeVos would have no idea about that. Notice I say teachers, not just public school teachers. I may have issues with vouchers and I think the arguments for private schools are often propped up by misleading information, but that doesn't mean there aren't excellent teachers in private schools, too.

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, Post and Times reporting that NSA Flynn did indeed call Russian ambassador in December to tell him don't worry about Obama's sanctions. Flynn then, according to Pence anyway, lied to Pence about it which is why Pence went on TV and denied it. National Security Adviser is a Russian spy. Cool.

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

There's only so much gourmet cooking and working out they can do.

I Should Coco likes this.
  6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

When slightly sleepy national news orgs suddenly say "oh, fuck it, let's dig into this shit" it's stunning what they can produce.

There isn't any question they're harder on Trump. But they oughta be this hard on everyone.

FileNotFound likes this.
  7. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Of all Trump's peeps, Flynn may be worse than Bannon. Lot of competition at the bottom.

9. Michael_ Gee

This one came courtesy of your friendly neighborhood intelligence community. There's a transcript. Flynn, once upon a time a senior intelligence official, didn't seem to realize phone calls from Americans to the Russian ambassador are a surveillance target.

10. Michael_ Gee

My guess is that at some time in the near future, the Conway-Bannon-Flynn group and their allies will be purged and the Pence-Priebus-GOP Nat'l Committee faction will reign supreme.

11. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to wonder if he shouldn't hang by the neck until death.

Said in jest. Well, partially.

12. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Given enough time and enough posts, threads eventually seem to drift back to the original topic.

Perhaps it's evidence of that infinite-number-of-monkeys-sitting-at-an-infinite-number-of-typewriters theorem.

TowelWaver and Ace like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.