1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

If I'm not mistaken, this is a Paul Reiser thing originally.

Kato and HC like this.
  2. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

While making a public announcement might have the same functional result, it is not the same thing as a private conversation in which there is presumably some sort of back-and-forth with representatives of a foreign country. The second could easily become a negotiation.

I want to be clear, here, that while I made a joke earlier about treason, I am not actually saying that I think Flynn violated the Logan Act. Rather, my point is that The Post's reporting - if accurate - raises a serious question about whether or not he did. It's one that warrants further investigation, although I have no expectation that either this administration or Congress will do so in more than a cursory way.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Nothing will ever top Sarah Palin's turkey pardon.

[​IMG]

TowelWaver likes this.
  4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Already flagrantly violated by the minions of Nixon, Reagan and Bush II.

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'm sure that Chaffetz is setting up the hearings this morning.

franticscribe likes this.
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Standard administration procedure.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Perhaps sooner than we think. Pence and Priebus, IMO, were added to the team to be the adults in the room, while the mainstream GOP hooked their star to Trump just to get back into power, ignoring much of his agenda. They may have been the only ones left in the country hoping Trump would become more presidential when he got into office. Conway should have been fired for touting Ivanka's clothes.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Can't wait till Rosie plays him on SNL. The studio will probably burn down within a week.

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

If it hasn't already, this administration will become the biggest shitshow in the history of presidential politics. Rats started jumping off the ship before half the other rats had even climbed on board.

Ace likes this.
  11. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

I blame Typefitter.

Ace likes this.
  12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Why did Nick Saban lie and say, "I'm not going to be the Alabama coach" exactly two weeks before he stood at a podium at Alabama being introduced as the Tide's coach?

Lying is just second nature to a great many people. And the more powerful you are, the more natural it is to do --- even if it would seem to present no benefit whatsoever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.