1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Pull my finger

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If he was simply alerting the guy that things would change, I don't see that as treason. The new POTUS can make or influence his own policies, right? Don't get me wrong. It's amazing to me that the GOP is palling around with terrorists from Russia and that is frightening. Would be interested in treason explanation.

3. tapintoamerica

Absolutely.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Eh, who cares? We're in a post-factual world now. People are talking.

6. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

I, sadly, could see that too, or at least find it more plausible than I would like (anything over 0%). Similar to the long-held theory that FDR knew about Pearl Harbor in advance but didn't stop it because he felt it was necessary to wake the country up and get them into the war. Historians don't buy it, but it wasn't some super-fringe viewpoint.

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Trump will have a number of Rasputins whispering in his ear over the next four to eight years. I don't think he'll stick with just one. His attention span is too short and his views will change with the wind. The question is who he turns to when he tires of Bannon?

Stoney and Alma like this.
  8. tapintoamerica

Press secretary McCarthy strikes again: "The fact that we had to get to the point where the vice president had to be pulled in to overcome the Democrats’ historic and partisan logjam of the president’s qualified nominee,” Spicer said, “is another glaring reminder of the unprecedented obstruction that Senate Democrats have engaged in throughout this process.”
    So the GOP confirmed Merrill Garland? Wow. "Unprecedented" is comical.

He continued: “The American people sent a strong message when they elected President Trump in November."

Yes. The people in aggregate sent the message that they preferred the other candidate.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Not to mention "qualified."

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Do we know yet who's keeping score when they play golf?

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Riptide likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.