1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

This shouldn't be too hard to believe, especially for a person who argued that photographers for the previous eight years made a concerted effort to photograph Obama only when there was a prominent halo effect in the background.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Sheesh ... show in my post where I "support" anything.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's photoshopped. Why would a White Housr photographer want such a blurry photo sent out? It's the easiest one to touch up.Look at the weeds in front of his gut.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

A. I'm not saying it's "unbelievable". I'm saying some proof should be presented along with the claim.

2. Am I wrong about that? Was it just photo editors and/or the folks that picked cover photos who had an affinity for the Obama halo shots?

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

6. doctorquant

DeVos wouldn't have made that mistake if she'd gone to a public school ...

7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

8. doctorquant

Second deck … touch 'em all.

9. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Proof? He's really fat. And in the photo he's not.

Ace and Stoney like this.
  10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

11. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The whole thing with Trump's small hands began with SPY magazine in the 1980s. Graydon Carter and Kurt Anderson were relentless, making fun of Trump -- when few people outside of New York had any clue what a self-promoting moron he was. They did a lot of "inside" stuff, and started referring to Trump as a "short-fingered vulgarian." At some point, they stopped even saying, "Trump" and would just say, "The short-fingered vulgarian". ... and readers knew who they were talking about.

The hysterical thing about it is that it probably would have gone away (like lots of other silly monikers they came up with), but Trump took the bait and made it into a bigger thing. For years, even after the magazine was long out of business, Carter says he would still get an occasional thing in the mail from Trump with a photo of his hands, trying to convince Carter that his fingers aren't short. Within the last few years, he got one with a post it or note saying, "Not so short, eh?" to which Carter sent a note back saying, "Quite short."

In any case. ... I have no doubt that this jackass would have someone photoshop a picture that he put in his office to make his fingers look bigger, or his gut less hefty. He is mentally unstable in this odd way, in which he thinks that if he yells loud enough or protests often enough, he can actually change reality. It's the hallmark of a bullshit artist. They aren't liars. You need to actually know you are being untruthful to really be a liar. He wants to change the conversation -- he will bluff, say false things, change the conversation, be dishonest in any way and generally sling anything without giving it any thought. This is NOT some genius grand plan, the way some people want to paint it. It's someone who is completely full of shit and thinks he can permanently obscure truth itself to create new realities (and he doesn't even care what the attempt at the ever changing reality is, as long as his narcissistic self is at the center of it).

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Oh God.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.