1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You didn't see that go over your head, but did you at least feel it?

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

And when Bush used to play, the press only got the photo op at the first tee. They didn't follow him around the course.

3. YankeeFan

LOL. Wouldn't this be great?

Who will the 2020 Dem field include? Warren? Biden? Maybe even Clinton?

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

When I'm president, I won't let the press follow while I golf, but I also wouldn't tape garbage bags over the windows.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

We need a goddamn constitutional amendment that sets the maximum age of 65 for serving as president. Get these fucking fossils out of here.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Clinton isn't running again. This was stupid even by Politico's high standards. Warren is unlikely to. Biden, doubt it but maybe. Odds are good 2020 nominee someone not in national spotlight right now.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

IMG_0785.JPG

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Civic moochers.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I doubt Hillary has a burning desire to finish fourth in the Iowa caucus, which is precisely where she'd wind up.

What are the odds Trump gets a credible primary challenge?

10. YankeeFan

I think Warren is going to run.

11. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

OK, fair enough. I took your post, in which you say Democrats would have done the same thing, as a defense of the GOP's decision and, thus, support of it. If you aren't defending the GOP's decision, then why posit the hypothetical? Frankly, the Democrats have never shown they'd have the balls to try something like that, so I'm not really sure what makes you think they would have done it.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This one as the feel of unrealistic fanboys calling into sports talk radio shows suggesting unrealistic trades.

"Yeah, the Yankees should trade a couple of minor leaguers to the Dodgers for that Kershaw guy."

dixiehack likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.