1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Hillary couldn't beat the worst, dumbest and most dangerously thin-skinned candidate in history. Fuck her. The sooner she goes into hiding forever, the better.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Here's an example of the kind of candidate I mean, although I have no idea if he wants to run. John Hickenlooper, Gov. of Colorado who'll be term-limited out in 2018. Successful businessman, brewpub division. Mayor of Denver, then elected governor twice in a purple state in two very Republican years. He was a freshman at Wesleyan when I was a senior, meaning he's 63 now.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Fought regulations to open his brewpub. Ran as a pro-small business guy when he ran for mayor.

He's gone way left since then in order to keep up with the party.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

“I think I may have found a way for us to get Bonds and Griffey, and we wouldn’t have to give up that much.”

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Now you want proof? Who cares? People are talking.

6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

So he'll be 67 in 2020. Great, another doddering geezer.

YankeeFan likes this.
  7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

She's the Dave Wannstedt of politics. We loaded the roster for her and put her in the weakest conference in the country and she still went 6-6 with losses to Rutgers and Indiana State.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'm 67 now, Star. I can't play basketball anymore, but I'm not enfeebled.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. Bronco77

Bronco77 Well-Known Member

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Serious journalists should NOT spend any time on this. It's a non-story in the grand scheme. There are real stories (Flynn, Russia, fake terrorist attacks, lies about voter fraud, etc.) that all time and resources should be devoted to.

But GutGate is just another example of Trump being obsessed with his brand, ego and image rather than actually doing the job.

HanSenSE and tapintoamerica like this.
  11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

LOL

The White House believes both Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders and Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren are “too old” to mount a serious campaign three years from now, sources said. Warren is 67 years old, and Sanders is 75.

“Elizabeth Warren is 100 years old. No one thinks that she could or would run. She’s Hillary Clinton 2.0 but worse,” the second source said.

12. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.