1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

True. They're way better at branding than Dems are.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Today's quote from the Observer, owner Jared Kushner. Unnamed senior Pentagon (meaning could be military or DoD) official. "Since January 20, we've assumed the Kremlin has ears inside the SITROOM (White House situation room). The National Security Adviser and/or the President are seen as traitors by top levels of the government. And we're arguing about pictures of Trump's belly or lack of same?

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I think Olbermann is crazy smart, but he just does not know restraint.
    His Twitter avatar is a photo of himself in a stern expression with a flag draped around his shoulders.
    He is a parody, a joke.
    Olbermann sees himself as much a leader of a movement as Dump does.

YankeeFan and QYFW like this.
  4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'm thinking more and more that there's something behind the rumor that Trump can't read.

6. Deskgrunt50

Honestly, the administration needs to hire copy editors. Goodness gracious. Or do they just count this kind of thing as "alternative spelling?"

Bronco77 likes this.
  7. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Fixing that would throw off the balance of the lines of text.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

9. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Would you be surprised if a non-politician ran? Most likely Hollywood, but Hanks, Oprah, Streep etc. With Hillary or Biden or Hickenlooper or Bernie as VP for gravitas? They should run Jimmy Smits. They would for sure try Martin Sheen if he weren't too old (and the MS).

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I wonder who the Russians are going to hamstring next time?

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

He doesn't strike me as the patient type, and my guess is he still views himself as Obama rather than Rubio. No way he waits 12 more years.

12. Deskgrunt50

I totally agree that serious stories, like the one you mention here, need to get all the time and resources from journalists.

That doesn't mean Team Trump apparently giving the president photoshop liposuction isn't worth some message board chatter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.