1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

2. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

3. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    franticscribe likes this.
  4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Good gawd.

lcjjdnh likes this.
  5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't know too many responsible media outlets that would post the following sentence:

"President Trump himself has not yet weighed in on the issue. The state is looking forward to a response from the Twitterer-In-Chief at any moment."

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Or write of CA's threat to "succeed from the Union."

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
  7. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Photoshop?

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Did Pudzer's ex retract the accusation that he physically abused her? I hadn't read that previously?

The fight over President Trump's Cabinet is moving from Betsy DeVos to Andrew Puzder.

Democrats think Puzder, Trump's nominee to lead the Labor Department, represents their best chance to block a Cabinet pick after DeVos, the Education secretary, squeaked through the Senate on a historic tie-breaking vote by Vice President Mike Pence.

The CEO of a fast food conglomerate that owns Hardee's and Carl Jr.'s, Puzder has several vulnerabilities. He admitted to hiring a housekeeper who was an illegal immigrant, his wife once accused him of domestic violence (an accusation she has since retracted), and groups have attacked the way workers are treated at his restaurants.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. It was late and I wasn't looking close. Sorry guys, I try to do better than that.

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I only wish that when fake news is advanced, the perpetrator would face up to it and admit it so eloquently. Doesn't happen often.

franticscribe likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yes, many women (and men) who have been physically abused reach settlements, sign non-disclosure agreements, decide not to press charges, etc. None of which has anything to do with whether the original accusations were true and whether the transgressor behaved atrociously. In professional sports, for example, we recognize this is often the case in domestic violence situations and hold transgressors accountable by privately investigating incidents in which they're involved, and penalizing them and providing support as warranted.

In this case, a cursory review of the facts available would lead most reasonable person to believe the original allegations that Puzder is in fact a wife beater.

Anyway, Trump's bigger problems seem to be a guy he's already hired for his National Security Council team who's been having back-channel conversations with the Russians since before the election.

The Spy Revolt Against Trump Begins

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.