1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Anyone else find Stephen Miller's borderline threat on Face the Nation somewhat disturbing? I half expected him to end that sentence with "or else ..."

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

This is worth watching, not just because it is on "Trump vs. the Truth", a topic with a lot of comedy to mine. John Oliver has found a creative new way to troll Trump. It also includes the most succinct description I've heard of what it is like to listen to him use words seriously but not literally. "This is what makes covering Donald Trump so difficult. What does he mean when he says words?" (Quote from a reporter covering Trump)

John Oliver unveils creative new way to capture Trump's attention

Last edited: Feb 13, 2017
    Stoney likes this.
  3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I doubt Stephen Miller will see Christmas in the White House. Along with several others in that cookie cabinet.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Was eating a "free" breakfast in a hotel when that was on yesterday (I don't watch Sunday morning news shows). Why anyone watches that nonsense is beyond me.

SpeedTchr and YankeeFan like this.
  5. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Stephen Miller is something else. What an interesting mix of nervous youthfulness, faux authoritarianism and smarmy pieceofshittedness.

Those shifty peepers as he tried to keep up with his talking points were a real bonus.

Inky_Wretch and Ace like this.
  6. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

The Sunday news shows in general, or the President's advisors specifically?

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

This guy makes Kellyanne look warm, informative, and human. He was on FtN, MtP, and This Week, and I got sooo sick of his smarmy crap. At least George Stephanopoulous called him out on his bullshit re voter fraud. "You can start by providing evidence to back up your claims" did my heart good.

Ace likes this.
  8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Yes to the first, and yes to the second if you change "the President's advisors" to "any President's advisors" ... it's theater, and if I'm going to watch theater, the cast better be way the hell more attractive.

RickStain, Hermes, Ace and 2 others like this.
  9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If the NSA is doing that (which makes sense), why would anyone admit they are doing that?

BadgerBeer likes this.
  10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Jesus, what a giant douche Miller is.

Did Trump specifically ask for someone worse than Kellyanne?

Ace and Donny in his element like this.
  11. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

See, that's the thing ... if Conway, Spicer, et al, get run off from the White House inner circle, there's no guarantee the replacement won't be worse/more dangerously incompetent.

12. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

I wish Sebastian Gorka got more play outside of being a frequent NPR guest. The accent, the stubbornness, the spin. He's the perfect Trump surrogate to crawl under just about everyone's skin.

Example:
    http://n.pr/2l2yuEJk
    via npr: Trump Assistant On President's Foreign Policy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.