1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I guess Flynn lacks stamina.

Webster and BTExpress like this.
  2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Low energy.

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

To his credit, Flynn probably accomplished one of his primary goals, making people forget about his tenure with the Defense Intelligence Agency.

franticscribe and dixiehack like this.
  4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

From the guy who wrote that Observer article linked earlier about the intelligence community keeping its good intel from Trump on the assumption that the Russians are in the room:

5. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

What did this say? It seems to have been deleted.

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

RT tweeted that Flynn had "retired" as National Security Adviser.

7. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

For me, the Logan Act thing isn't the big deal. He wasn't really a private citizen communicating with a foreign government -- he was set to become National Security Advisor in a month. Is it really that big of a deal? But the three things, probably in order for me:

1) You can't make a big deal out of every slimy and borderline illegal thing the other side does, and then not play by the letter of the law yourself.
    2) The mere fact that he simply could have flushed his cell phone down the toilet and waited three weeks before making that phone call demonstrates the kind of impetuousness and bad judgment that shouldn't be anywhere near military decisions, in my opinion.
    3) The lie. He outright lied. Normally the lie would be number one for me, but I move it to number 3, because once he was a dumbass, the only he way he could avoid lying was to admit that he violated the Logan Act.

Good riddance. Unfortunately, in the scheme of things, he doesn't matter much. We're going to get what we are going to get anyhow. I said this throughout the campaign. ... America is getting what it deserves. There is so much worse to come over the next few years. It will be a combination of the inevitable and our clown-in-chief turning it into chaos.

TowelWaver and DietCoke like this.
  8. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

The people being mean to the potential traitor are the real problem.

9. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Gee, can't Figure out for the life of me how Trump could have found himself in bankruptcy court four times. T's all get crossed with this guy.

poindexter likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.