1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It won't be over until Ben Carson puts his foot in his mouth at least twice and troops are on the ground in Grant Park as part of Chicago Sweeps week.

2. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Why the sudden lack of LOLs and examinations of standards and integrity within journalism? There's still no proof Trump's gut was Photoshoped, therefore he's doing a great job, his adminstration is sound and this is all fake news.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Per Kellyanne Conway, it was misleading Pence that made them get rid of him. Discussing sanctions with Russia before the inauguration is evidently just business as usual.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Arrest Trump!

5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

You know, there is this little matter with imprecise language screwing things up a little.

Back when Putin stated that Trump was "Яркий" (bright, colorful, noticeable), the American media mistranslated "bright" into "intelligent", and thus started the shit about "they're complimenting one another!!!"

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I can't see Putin as being dumb enough to describe Trump as intelligent. Saying it to feed his ego, sure, I'll buy that.

7. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

On top of early onset dementia Trump is fat as hell for a 70-year-old man.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

He neither said Trump was intelligent nor tried to feed his ego. American media just screwed it up because they don't know anything other than "da", "nyet", "do svidaniya" and "vodka" without going to Google Translate.

Did Putin call Trump brilliant?

Last edited: Feb 14, 2017
  9. Neutral Corner

I wasn't disputing your interpretation. I'd seen something similar before. I was just saying that I felt if Putin called Trump intelligent it was to flatter and manipulate him, not because that was what he thought.

BTExpress likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

11. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

LOL

Do you think Flynn went rogue on his own?

12. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Yeah, but see Hillary's emails ....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.