1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You'd think so, but the Republicans in Congress see it differently. They are afraid of two things 1. They'll be primaried by angry Trumpists if they are perceived to have brought him down. 2. They'll be eviscerated by angry general election voters who'll blame them for Trump in the first place, as happened in 1974 after Nixon fell.
    There's a third thing. A lot of them think Trump's great. They are longing for a white supremacist government.

TowelWaver likes this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Republicans have always had a hard-on for the Civil War. Now they've got their own.

3. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

This seems out of character for Rand Paul. Don't agree with him on much, but kind of a surprising take from him, IMO.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

This is the first good thing I've heard about Reince Preibus, who doesn't seem to have the balls to do the right thing.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

That makes sense. Being primaried is the only thing that can keep them from serving in perpetuity.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Rand takes what he considers good sense to a nonsensical level.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Was McCain even out of the Hanoi Hilton before Watergate ended?

I believe he is an optometrist.

Scott Baio is just now realizing that all of the left-leaning comedy news shows are making fun of him? He must have been really focused on that speech at the RNC.

I think a lot of this is the "Reagan Rule" (never criticize a fellow Republican) on steroids, but I'm sure there are a few people around who aware of how royally fucked the party was by Watergate until the Reagan Revolution, and that was with Ford (a competent, shockingly decent man) taking over for Nixon.

As for good old "Penis Rice-A-Roni" (Colbert Report bit), I suspect he's around to tell people no and keep them from getting charged with felonies before the summer ends. This whole thing is Nixonian paranoia plus George Wallace racism with the competence level of medium-sized school board.

Deskgrunt50 and Neutral Corner like this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So Flynn was questioned by the FBI in January. Lying to Pence got him fired. Lying to the FBI gets you indicted.

9. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

My son told me that he read "Republicans politiicans are afraid of their base".

And the corrallary is "Democratic politicians are afraid of their base".

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

11. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Back in the day he was a great movie reviewer too. Not sure if he still does it.

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Only thing missing are the magic words "Dear Penthouse Forum ..."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.