1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

The movie about 2016-17 is going to be epic. It is absolutely incredible (and not really in a good way) to be living this story right now.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Here's the early party line:

"At a White House briefing earlier Tuesday, Press Secretary Sean Spicer was asked about Trump's denial in January that anyone in his campaign had had any contact with the Russians during the campaign — and whether that stance had changed.

"There's nothing that would conclude me that anything different has changed with respect to that time period," Spicer said."

/YF off

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If you just take the revelations about the Ruskies as an isolated incident. But we've got all the bizarro world Cabinet appointments, the fuss over the Muslim travel ban, the continued lies, capped perhaps by Bowling Green, and discussing the North Korean missile launch while the band played on at the reception. His only rallying point may be starting to undo Obamacare.

4. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

If he thinks there was unexpected pushback to his travel ban, just wait until millions of American families learn that they're being slated to lose their health care coverage.

Instead of a "rallying point" that may be his final dagger. Simply going back to what we had before ain't gonna be an acceptable option, and Republicans don't seem to have a viable alternative plan.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

If he gets a rallying point like an attack or incident where he can claim the US is under siege all the Flynn, travel ban, etc. stuff goes on the back burner in the mind of the electorate.

And then Trump can put himself into the role as the only one who can protect the country. Remember at the RNC when he said only he could fix things, that he is the chosen one? They bought it then and they will again.

HanSenSE and Stoney like this.
  6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

How is it a great joke?

7. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I don't know. Three weeks ago I would have agreed with you. Now I'm not so sure. His descent into "international joke" (and not in the ha-ha way) has happened way faster than I expected.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. Machine Head

I'd very much like to be wrong.

Edit: Grain of salt and all that..the people I know who are Trump supporters aren't moved in the least by the last three weeks. Small sample size, but these supporters believe in him, and see any failures as belonging to those around him.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

They haven't had a viable plan since the ACA was proposed, except to keep what was in place before 2008. They're gonna slow play the heck out of this and, as suggested in a tweet uptopic, come up with something similar, except call it TrumpCare or RyanCare. Even Trump hinted earlier about keeping some parts of it, like coverage for preexistign conditions and keeping adult children coverd until age 25. But as we've seen over the past few days, Trump's word and a dollar bill will buy you a daily newspaper in most big cities.

Which means most likely he's gonna double down, if not triple down, on building the wall. But I could also see him getting us into a war just because of his tiny hands.

Machine Head likes this.
  10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Will be interesting to see how the markets respond in the morrow.

11. Machine Head

I can't wait to see Spicey do his song and dance tomorrow.

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Hey, everyone has a different sense of humor. Saying Chachi's career has fallen to the point of being a department store clerk made me laugh. Not everyone has to find it funny.

For what it's worth, I liked him on Arrested Development.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.