1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Any attack now can be safely assumed to be engineered by Trump and his minions. That should be the automatic default presumption.

Retarget a dozen Minuteman missiles and within 6 minutes, Denver, Kansas City, Minneapolis, OKC, Dallas, Phoenix, St. Louis and SLC are all cinders. Communications over half the continent wiped out by EMP.

Where did the nukes come from? We'll only have the word of Donald Trump.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2017
  2. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Jesus, this is the plot of the TV show Jericho in real life.

3. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

"The Obama administration at times seemed almost paralyzed about how to respond to Russia’s unprecedented attack on the U.S. election system, even as officials watched it unfold. It wasn’t until weeks after the election that the Obama administration sought to punish Russia.

The Obama team was similarly slow in its deliberations over whether and how to confront the fledgling Trump administration over what it had uncovered in Flynn’s conversations with Kislyak."

Flynn’s swift downfall: From a phone call in the Dominican Republic to a forced resignation at the White House

Obama, the most educated, intelligent, charismatic, inspiring, handsome, scandal free president of all time. Too bad he never grew a pair.

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

...And, the meanypants meanies in the media being mean to him.

Don't underestimate Trump's support. You even see it here - there are people who will defend anything he says or does simply because he's Trump, or because he's a "Republican." It doesn't need to be grounded in reality, and it's actually preferable sometimes that it's completely made up. They will defend everything up to and including possible treason or nuclear war.

It was never about "truth," or "policy," or "governing," or "American values," or "the economy."

It was about a large group of people who didn't want to be bothered with basic human decency anymore.

And if and when Trump falls, it won't be because they came around to the fact that he's a laughingstock. He'll be a martyr to them, and embolden them even more.

5. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I asked a Trump supporter I know if she wasn't rattled by the reports from Mar-A-Lago and the revelations about Flynn.

Her responses: "Hospitality is his second nature." and "He's a loyal friend. In fact, he's too loyal."

A decade or two from now he'll be canonized the same way many look upon the shade of St. Ronnie.

Edited to add: I'm not wishing bad fortune on him by bringing this up. Around here, nostalgia for Reagan started popping up sometime late in Clinton's first term. So yeah, I can see the same thing happening again ten years from now.

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I can't keep up with this thread. Anyone hearing the BHO counter-government effort to undermine Trump?

I'm convinced a civil war will break out, or at least some wild-assed white unrest, if Trump were impeached or taken out.

I thought my need to buy ammo was over. Better keep stocking up to defend ourselves.

Does anyone else have non perishable food supplies and a bug out kit? And keep your car gassed up!

I'm feeling all kind of small potatoey this morning.

7. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I've been wondering if I need to do that. Nashville is a terrible place to be for a disaster. People drain the gas pumps dry at the whisper of a shortage and some suburbs were physically cut off from the main metro area the last time we had floods. Actually, moving sounds pretty good right now.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In a country of 320 million people, all opinions have lots of vocal supporters. Nobody wants to admit to themselves they were duped by a con artist. Nobody ever admits to themselves they're a bigot. Sure a lot of Trump supporters will stay with him. Hell, half of all Republicans polled were with Nixon the week before he resigned. The thing is, that was like 25 percent of the country. There were a significant percentage of Trump's supporters who admitted they were taking a flyer due to a vague desire for change or a real desire to see improvement in their specific communities. It's the Trump voters you don't hear from now that ought to worry the Republicans.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Someone who is dashingly handsome.

Ace, Hermes, HC and 5 others like this.
  10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

I don't think many of them were duped or conned. They wanted Anyone But Her and boy did they get their wish. Now their behavior is little more than convincing others (and themselves) that there was some deeper thinking behind their selection and that they chose wisely.

11. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

At some point, you got a hard-on about Noah, and it's not necessarily warranted. Credit the man for fighting the good fight, if nothing else.

And frankly, he does a kick-ass stand-up when he's not doing the show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.