1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I hate both women and babies, so abortion is a complicated issue for me.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

If you sell out your beliefs for power, then those beliefs weren't convictions. That means that power itself was all you ever really stood for.

That kind of behavior doesn't just sum up the people who have gone along with the buffoon-in-chief.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The bold part is you making shit up again, though the party has gone more radical. I guess the excuse is the same one the NRA makes. If they budge at all, the conservatives won't stop there.

The difference being that their point is more logical than the NRA's. The anti-abortion crowd's argument is based on the idea that abortion is murder, right? How can there possibly be a middle ground when that is the belief?

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You didn't bold anything.

5. outofplace

I was editing as you responded.

6. YankeeFan

7. outofplace

Again, see my edited post. What is the non-radical conservative position? Or is this just another case of you wanting to pick apart every word ever spoken by any Democrat ever, but never hold any Republican up to the same scrutiny?

8. YankeeFan

I just assumed you were agreeing with me in a humorous way.

9. outofplace

No, just a typo. Please answer my question. What is the non-radical Conservative view?

10. YankeeFan

There isn't one, at least that would be accepted by anyone who is pro-choice. That's the point.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I'm pro-abortion and pro-death penalty. At the end of the day I just want less traffic.

UPChip, Jssst21, Deskgrunt50 and 3 others like this.
  12. outofplace

Bullshit. I'm not asking what would be accepted by someone who is pro-choice. I'm asking what would a conservative consider a non-radical stance? Or are you admitting that everyone who is anti-abortion takes a radical stance?

I will tell you that there are plenty of people who are pro-choice who are just fine with legal, safe and rare.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.