1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You may be the least intellectually curious poster on this board.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Beats fetching Trump's Happy Meals, I guess.

YankeeFan likes this.
  3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Your take on this important article is whining about boycotts of the White Housr dinner. Wow. Sounds intellectual.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Being a good BSer, vengeful to the little guy and a lapdog to the powerful sound like perfect attributes for the job, actually.

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

It's not an anti-Obama or pro-Trump article. It's about the media. Why don't you read it and offer your thoughts?

6. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

7. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

They've been reporting this for a while. He's not actually that good, though maybe he would get better. I would guess Kim Jones will be part of the puzzle.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

My thoughts:

1. I was aware of this. Obama was no friend to the media. Nine prosecutions compared with three total is a real black mark, though.
    2. The writer is naturally biased, though he states his bias.
    3. I don't believe the prosecution of leakers and whistleblowers really has a chilling effect on the press. No real reporter is going to let that stop him or her. It may have chilling effect on sources. The article/column should have addressed that. Hell, Reince Preibus said on the Sunday shows this week that reporters should never use unnamed sources.
    4. It's a stretch to say that Obama's treatment of the press begat Trump's. I doubt Trump was aware or cared.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I don't know. He got absolutely disemboweled the following week, and showed none of Kellyanne's ability to bob and weave while refusing to actually answer the questions she was asked.

He's horrible, so I guess I hope they trot him back out there, but that was an unbearable morning for the Sunday shows. I'd roll the channel over and there he'd be. Again. Everywhere.

But boy, is he bad.

Ace likes this.
  11. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

But seriously though, what are your thoughts on the article? How was the grammar? What about the writer's vocabulary? Was the site aesthetically pleasing to you?

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

The spiked whistle image was boffo.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.