1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

No it isn't. But you can't just yell "I declare protest!" and be allowed to do otherwise illegal things.

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I guess it's just LGBQ rights. Probably just another typo.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You go ahead and get your protest stamps and permits and permission slips. We'll wait.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What if you support transgender rights and a state forces your sister too pee in the men's room. Is that no biggie?

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Was it a plan to defeat ISIS or LGBT in the first thirty days to MAGA? So many acronyms, it's hard to keep up.

6. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I would not define Acheson or Marshall as lap dogs and ass kissers when they worked in the Truman Administration. I think a lot of FDR's cabinet members were pretty strong. I think that James Baker and George Schultz are not ass kissers or lap dogs. And I think that Obama keeping Gates on is an example of a President trying to reach out to a strong manager.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It's got to be the guy in the white shirt and jeans who rushes to defend the honor of the stars and bars.

Ace likes this.
  8. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

How's Kellyanne?

Kellyanne ... won't see her no more.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

There are many forms of protest besides disruptive gathering. The reason that particular form got so much attention is because people were willing to be arrested to make their statement.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Everybody on social media?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

She's a featured CPAC guest. She said by tomorrow it will be TPAC and, basically, said the conservative movement was sclerotic and dusty before Trump.

12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I've said it before, I'll say it again: If you're defending Trump at this point, you're either not smart enough or don't care enough to know the difference between an effective executive branch and one that is completely and profoundly inept.

The thing is, I'm glad they're Keystone Kopping the shit out of things. If they had their mentalities and were competent, they'd be far more dangerous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.