1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yet they invited Milo. And let Richard Spencer roam the halls doing media at CPAC.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

What about Archibald Leach, Bernard Schwartz and Lucille LeSueur?

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Cut him some slack. Must be tough patrolling this thread 18 hours a day while patrolling Twitter 18.5 hours a day while running your own business and whatever other bullshit du jour.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Good thing he has a steady source of caffeine.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I can't imagine how difficult it must be for a trans child to get through life. Trans adults have a hard time, and being a kid isn't easy.

I think under almost all circumstances, a child should be able to use the bathroom that corresponds with their gender identity, or at the very least, have a single person, all gender bathroom, available for their use.

And, if my child were dealing with this, I'd be raising holy hell.

But, I would also understand that it's not for the President of the United States to dictate bathroom policies for the entire country.

6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Which party has an anti-Semite running for a national leadership position?

7. YankeeFan

LOL. Yes, and that was dumb too.

But BYM has called more women pigs and sluts than you could ever hope to.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Interesting take.

"It is horribly ironic that of all the disgusting nonsense Yiannopoulos has said — about women, about Muslims, about transgender people, about immigrants — it is only now that the moderate right appears to have reached the limits of what it will tolerate in the name of free speech. The hypocrisy is clarion-clear: This was never, in fact, about free speech at all. It was about making it OK to say racist, sexist, transphobic, and xenophobic things, about tolerating the public expression of those views right up to the point where it becomes financially unwise to do so. Those suddenly dropping Yiannopoulos are making a business decision, not a moral one — and yes, even in Donald Trump’s America, there’s still a difference. If that difference devours Yiannopoulos and his minions, they will find few mourners."

9. Neutral Corner

You need to have a trans child or friend and live in North Carolina or Alabama. It's about as unnecessary as Civil Rights laws were in the 1950's and 60's.

PCLoadLetter likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

I wish.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Dude, that's why we have a Constitution. The state doesn't have the right to mistreat people.

12. YankeeFan

When did this become a constitutional right? 2016?

How did that happen?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.