1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

52% to 37% is a 30-point trouncing! Go media!

3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Almost 80 percent of Republicans believe Trump is telling them the truth.

I have zero interest in compromising or even being civil to anyone who believes that.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Have you begun exchanging PMs with Starman?

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Do you stand by the things you post or not?`If you are going to throw something in another poster's face, you should stand by it.

6. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Gov. B. Hussein Obama (D-TX)

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Translation: You voted for laundry.

8. YankeeFan

God, you're insufferable.

Yes. I stand by my opinion. But, @typefitter can't brush of my criticism as it being simply my opinion that he needs to contend with.

Prominent trans activists were offended by his repeated defense of the Hannan article, even after it was pointer out to hi how offensive it was.

(And, if any trans activists sided with him, I'd be happy to have him share that with us.)

Even today, he brushes it off.

A. Dr. V was publicly outed as trans after she killed herself, but Hannan's threat to out her surely contributed to her death. He would have outed her in life, except Grantland/ESPN wouldn't publish the article until it had the thrilling ending of her killing herself.

B. In typefitter's mind, it was open season on outing Dr. V, since she was a "serial con artist". Where does he draw the line on who it's ok to out and who it is not ok to out? Are their AP guidelines on this?

C. He calls her outing a "regrettable but necessary part of the story". That presumes it was a story that needed to be told. It didn't She was dead, and the only thing that made the story worth telling -- in even the editors at Grantland's estimation -- was her death.

Fuck Caleb Hannan, and fuck typeftitter for still defending him, and his abomination of a story.

Let's see typefitter run today's defense by the trans community and we'l see if they consider him an ally.

Songbird likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

I voted for Trump, the policies he supports, and the folks he's appointed.

No regrets.

Songbird likes this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's important to realize that questions in polling like this are most unreliable, because the only word the respondent really heard was "Trump." If they approved of Trump, they took Trump's side, whether or not they believe what they see on TV or read online and in newspapers. Opposite is true as well.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Journalists make decisions every day that coild infuriate or embarrass a source, ruin a business, get an official thrown out of office, lead to legal charges, etc.

The only thing that you can hold to is the truth.

Just the facts ma am likes this.
  12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Can I get 3 policies and 3 folks you like?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.