1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You're a fan of Bannon?

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Hey, if you want to jump on board with typefitter's defense of Hannan, and an article that had to be pulled down, and apologized for, go for it.

Just don't pretend that you're a friend to the trans community, and stand in contrast to President Trump.

You suck if you think that article deserved to see the light of day.

Hannan went back on his word to Dr. V, and threatened to out her as trans. He got a fucking chill down his spine when he realized her secret, thinking that detail would make his story.

Hannan's unethical behavior contributed to her decision to kill herself.

Songbird likes this.
  3. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I have seen nothing to make me believe those numbers are inaccurate. In fact, every shred of evidence I've seen reinforces them as correct.

4. YankeeFan

Gorsuch (I assume), Mattis, Kelly.

Illegal immigration. Defense policy. Funding priorities.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I was responding in general that it's common for journalists to publish information that could cost someone their job or business or freedom. Or worse.

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Defense policy?

7. YankeeFan

I wouldn't use the term "fan".

He helped Trump get elected, so I'm happy for that.

Here's the thing, Republicans have long opted to lose elections, rather than risk their purity.

Meanwhile, dems assembled a coalition, that voted together, and didn't worry about purity, and won elections.

And Dems thought this was wonderful.

Fuck that. You don't win by losing.

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Policies: L, O, and L
    Folks: The best people, of which I assume he's brought three aboard

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I'm sure there's a stool reserved for you at a bar in Wisconsin right now. Say hi to Old Tony for us.

10. YankeeFan

No shit.

Now, defend the Hannan article, or don't.

Typefitter defended a piece of shit article, that outed a dead, trans woman, and thinks he on the side of the good guys.

The left wants to demonize anyone who doesn't fall in line 100% on every social issue.

If you're an 80-year-old Mormon, and believe that marriage is defined as the union between a man and a woman, the left will demonize you.

If you don't think you're pre-teen daughter should be forced to share a bathroom with a transgendered teenager, they will demonize you.

But typefitter wants an exemption. IT WAS A GOOD STORY, and he likes young Caleb Hannan, so he'll defend that.

Fuck him. He's not an ally of the trans community, and he should get the same treatment that would come to anyone on the right that took his position.

But, you'll excuse him.

Songbird likes this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I didn't mean the numbers are inaccurate, just that the fact they are so close to the Trump approval numbers (38-55) in the same survey as to indicate the latter determined the former answer. Trump could be lying as much as he always does, but if something or things happened to drive up his approval number to 50, the percentage of those believing him instead of media would rise accordingly.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

People are entitled to their opinions and their defenses. If an 80-year-old Mormon thinks marriage should only be between a man and a woman, fine. If typefitter defends an article even the editors didn't stand by, fine.

But if the Mormon geezer is a county clerk and refused to allow a gay couple t get married, that's a problem. If typefitter took a story that was spiked and published it on his own, that would be a problem.

If you worry about your pre-teen daughter in a bathroom, fine. If you act to keep transgender people from being able to take a leak without a federal case out of it, that's a problem.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.