1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So you were against the RINO hunting era of the GOP? You like a big tent Republican party?

2. Inky_Wretch

3. Inky_Wretch

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

This is patently, spectacularly wrong. Man. It just is.

It's certainly false on a Congressional level, where Republicans have rolled to wins in all kinds of gerrymandered districts, pitching all kinds of rancor and bitterness, and it's false on the national level, unless you think W and Palin were standard choices for their respective positions. W was pretty clearly the "hey, we wanna win this election, and we have pretty good momentum with Christians after 8 years of Slick Willy's willy, so let's put him up and surround him with 70s/80s toadies."

It ain't Steve Forbes up there running for the prez anymore. Dole was the last candidate you could say was old guard.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Now generalize the right.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm for fighting those fights in the primary.

Once there's a nominee, I'm for the nominee.

8. Inky_Wretch

That didn't answer the question.

There for a few years, the GOP ran, basically, a serious of purity tests and told people to GTFO if you didn't believe in certain things. Just being a small government fiscal conservative wasn't enough, you had to be for or against this social issue or that. Club for Growth used "RINO" against Republicans who didn't adhere to their free market principles - even if that candidate was an outspoken social conservative.

Of course, with the biggest RINO of them all in the Oval Office, I guess the insult might be dead now.

9. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Man, the sportsjournalists.com case of Unhinged-ness, previously thought localized, has clearly spread.

10. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I think that's wrong historically. Club for Growth or Tea Party on some issues, the National Review purists on others. Neither of the former 2 ever cared much for social issues. This RINO hunting was never done by the party itself. It was often running in primaries against the mainstream GOP.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure who more impressed with themselves right now. The Times, or the "Democracy Dies in Darkness" Washington Post.

I'm just surprised they remembers how to do adversarial journalism after an 8 year layoff.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Too many of those dadgummed Musleems horning in on the repair biz, Cuz?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.