1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Haha. The man makes jokes, but doesn't defend his position.

But, hey your favorite magazine editor outed Kevin Spacey as gay in a cover article, and that didn't stop you from working for him, so why would you have a problem defending Caleb Hannan in the face of criticism from the trans community?

Songbird likes this.
  2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's getting to be like it was about 10 years ago. Before the split.

3. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

By the way, I know this doesn't normally move the needle with you, but how old are these transgressions you're bringing up?

Ace likes this.
  4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

LOL. The truth wasn't THAT important before.

SpeedTchr likes this.
  5. YankeeFan

If his opinion hasn't changed, and he's part of the group painting Trump as an enemy of trans people, despite his own history, why should this not be brought up?

Trans activists tried to reason with him. They gave him examples. Yet, he persisted.

So, he's either dumb, or against the rights of people, the very things he's accused Trump of.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"Your arse is black!" said the pot to the kettle.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

States rights!

8. Just the facts ma am

Just the facts ma am Well-Known Member

What does wishing you were a member of the opposite sex have to do with being gay? Why are they politically aligned?

If you pretend to be a different sex by the way you dress, taking hormones or surgery why would you expect me to go along with this pretense? How would you enforce this?

The vast majority of women do not welcome men pretending to be woman in their bathrooms. What about their rights? Wouldn't having unisex single stall bathrooms accommodate these concerns?

9. YankeeFan

Drug policy shouldn't be a national thing, but the president should determine bathroom policy nationwide. Is that it?

When did these two things flip?

Should we abolish the FDA, and let states decide?

Could be a good idea, right? Some states will approve new and/or experimental drugs faster than others.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Because smoking a bowl is more dangerous than where you, uh, put things in a bowl.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm just looking for consistency. I mean, I'm watching Bannon talking about states rights at CPAC and see states rights cited repeatedly by the administration on various topics. But, then they decide to usurp and overreach in recreational marijuana issue.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Oh dear.

YankeeFan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.