1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

When all he does is rescind executive actions taken by the previous administration it really is not much of a story. He probably should have just done all of them on day one and then reissued whichever ones he liked.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Isn't what you're advocating separate but equal?

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

No, I just don't feel the need to justify or defend myself to you anymore, and I have no idea what any of this has to do with Trump's being pretty clearly dumb.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

He'll write a book one day that gets him labeled as a Judas in GOP circles. Just wait. It'll be staggering. He's an emotional guy anyway.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Is he drinking less now because he doesn't have to be Speaker, or is he drinking more because why the hell not?

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And this is what, unfortunately, passes for governance nowadays. New party sweeps into power and immediately undoes what the previous occupant did, then installs its own program. They get swept out of office, and new boss comes in, undoes what old occupant does and reinstalls programs. Absolutely no long-term planning beyond eff what they did. Nobody reaching across party lines to come up with a compromise that, ya know, might actually be benefical? And this, folks, is another reason I hate term limits. They're too busy cramming an agenda down our throats in the limited time they have to get things done and not looking at the big picture. You think that if all of Congress didn't have short-timers disease, something might actually get done?

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

No, I was mocking Just the Facts for wanting separate but equal.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Just do what he does and send out a tweet filibuster to change the subject.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

No term limits for Congress, House or Senate.

11. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

While I think this is generally a bit too pessimistic an outlook I AM happy to welcome you to the official SJ Repeal the 22nd Amendment Club!

12. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

The same reason that has made Ann Coulter and is making Tomi Lahren a lot of money. They don't have to have real actionable ideas, they just have to make liberals mad.

RickStain likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.