1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Just checked and Trump is still dumb. Stone-cold moron. Makes W. look like an intellectual giant. Not so bright.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

By this snarky logic, Nixon would have been justified gutting civil rights for blacks because LBJ was slow to warm to the concept.

TowelWaver likes this.
  3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

It's different. LBJ passed laws. Obama broadened his interpretation of one.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Could the White House asking the FBI to deny reports be seen as interfering in an ongoing investigation?

5. dixiehack

Obama did all he could going against congressional Republicans who would have rather seen the country choked by paralysis than acknowledge a black man had a legitimate right to lead. And DQ's interest in the topic only extends to his opportunity to shit on the ex-president he hates.

HanSenSE likes this.
  6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Bad day?

7. dixiehack

I'all let you know in about four and a half minutes, even though I don't think Bama's really on the bubble.

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It certainly could be. The US Code says it is. But there's no law for Republicans in this administration.

9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Oh...I don't think the bathroom thing is among the nation's deeply held concerns.

QYFW and Ace like this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In all honesty, one thing I have not seen on the transgender issue is kind of basic. How many people are we talking about? That doesn't effect the equal rights aspect, but it would be nice to know.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The hardest screw who ever walked the floor at Shawshank State Prison.

[​IMG]

Baron Scicluna, HanSenSE and Ace like this.
  12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Something like 0.6 percent of the population, which is about 1.4 million people. That's based on two studies that doubled the population over a five-year span.
    That's part of the reason I think a lot of people are befuddled by the issue. It's turning society on its head, and forcibly so, to make special accommodations for a very tiny fraction of the population whose condition is often vaguely (and typically self-) defined.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/01/health/transgender-population.html?_r=1

Comparing the issue to the ADA, in 2012 there were an estimated 56.7 million people (19 percent of the U.S. population) with some sort of disability.

Nearly 1 in 5 People Have a Disability in the U.S., Census Bureau Reports - Miscellaneous - Newsroom - U.S. Census Bureau

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.