1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Well, OK.

I would say this shouldn't be an issue. But I know someone who, for medical reasons, does not use a urinal unless that is all that's available. Occasionally some asshole gives him shit about it. He is not at all hesitant to ask those people why what he does matters to them. Sometimes it can be pretty funny to see the reactions.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Shy cock?

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Didn't this all start because a transgender kid had to file suit? And that spurred the pearl clutchers to start filing bills that would require transgender folks to use the bathrooms of their birth certificate?

4. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Maybe. I don't ask for details. I am not sure even he knows, given that he went to a urologist and the advice was something like: "Don't worry about it, and tell those people to fuck off."

5. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I don't know why you go to this. Plenty of issues have come the the forefront quickly.

They should.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Dumb ass tweet.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Not sure who sued first.

In Virginia, it's the child suing to get access to the boys locker room. In Illinois, it's parents suing to keep a trans kid out.

And, again, I basically think kids should be able to use the bathroom that they feel most comfortable in, but is a parent with a young child really a "pearl clutcher" if they have concerns?

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

9. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You wanna see how fucked up all of this is? Here's a passage from the Obama administration's "guidance":

"The Departments interpret Title IX to require that when a student or the student’s parent or guardian, as appropriate, notifies the school administration that the student will assert a gender identity that differs from previous representations or records, the school will begin treating the student consistent with the student’s gender identity."

So let's say that a 9th-grader tells the administration that although records indicate otherwise, she's a girl. The school's on the hook for a Title IX violation if it doesn't comply with her wishes.

Now let's say that the parents of this 9th-grader weren't aware of this. They go to the school and say, no, this kid's a boy (see, it's right there on the birth certificate!). Now the school's on the hook for a Title IX violation if it doesn't comply with the parents' wishes.

The school district down the road in Fort Worth had a novel solution to this conundrum: School counselors would stand between students and their parents, sharing information re: gender identity "on a need-to-know basis or as the student directs." (This was the original policy; they've moved off this). Great idea!

The guidance was about as well-thought-out as Trump's immigration EO. It was proffered to give the SJW wing of the Democratic Party one more "THIS IS JUST LIKE JIM CROW!" get-out-the-vote hard-on.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

It's already a full-time job trying to teach my kids to keep their privates private.

I'd hate for some needless law to shine the spotlight on them and undo all of my hard work.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

When they start trotting out the "a pervert will say he's a woman just to get into the bathroom with girl and assault them" or "a horndog teen will say he's trans just so he can go shower in the girls' locker room" lines, yeah.

HanSenSE and Ace like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.