1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I'm sure the resident righties woulda been hunky dory with Obummer banning Fox, Sirius Patriot and the Washington Times from a presser.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Because transgenders should have the same options as non-transgenders. They don't, because of the anti-bathroom folks. The anti-bathroom protesters are the ones who are putting contrasts in.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

The decision last night on Top Chef still has me waffling.

Was it the right choice?

Dunno.

6. God, I wish you would pick up some new tricks. Something. Anything.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You used another word a few posts earlier in reference to those latter folks. Het ... heter ... I think it was hetero-something. I can't be sure.

8. Neutral Corner

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Non-transgenders?

Anti-bathroom protesters? LOL.

You still didn't explain why you compared their situation to heterosexuals. It's ok if you just want to admit that you aren't well versed on the subject, and didn't use the right term. But, you don't want to do that.

The term the trans community uses for folks whose sense of personal identity and gender corresponds with their birth sex is cis, or cisgender.

I've never heard anyone use the term non-transgender. What a silly term to try to use.

I guess I'm a non-transgender, non-homsexual, non-woman, person, lacking in color.

QYFW likes this.
  10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Padma's cornrows or her black dress?

12. Neutral Corner

I think the Baron's use of "heterosexual" was far outweighed by YF's using "cisgender". He's close to the last person on earth I would have expected to hear that from.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.