1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I usually am, too, but the sun was awfully bright on the golf course yesterday. Shoulda worn sunscreen, but at least I'm temporarily out of the basket of deplorables.

2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Oh.

My.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Why? He's spoken about these issues at length before.

SnarkShark likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

GOP Rep. Calls For Release Of Trump's Tax Returns At Town Hall

GOP Rep.: O'care Repeal May Not Have Enough Votes After Town Hall Pressure

Rep. Mo Brooks (R-AL) on Thursday warned that some congressional Republicans may no longer have the guts to fully repeal the Affordable Care Act after facing pressure from constituents at town halls this week.

Brooks said on WBHP's "The Morning Show with Toni & Gary," first flagged by CNN, that he believes "a significant number" of his colleagues "are being impacted by these kinds of protests and their spine is a little bit weak."

"And I don't know if we're going to be able to repeal Obamacare now because these folks who support Obamacare are very active, they're putting pressure on congressmen and there's not a counter-effort to steel the spine of some of these congressmen in tossup districts around the country," he said.

Brooks, a member of the House Freedom Caucus who advocates a full repeal of the health care law, worried there may not even be a vote at this point.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2017
  5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sure. I agree with him.

But, it still wasn't a "presser" which is what NC called it. Excluding them from a press briefing/conference would be a much bigger deal.

The on the record, but no video, "gaggle" only began with Ari Fleischer.

Certainly, if the press secretary still holds a daily briefing with all members of the press, it is his prerogative to hold additional meetings/briefings/interviews with anyone else he pleases. And, if the press is offended by this, they can choose to boycott these additional briefings.

6. doctorquant

Like you I'm always stunned when someone of improper, nay deplorable, sensibilities uses the correct word.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Hey dickhead, no one on this board has championed the rights and acceptance of transgendered individuals than me.

franticscribe likes this.
  8. doctorquant

Go fuck yourself.

9. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I also noticed last night on Top Chef some tats when they went snorkeling.

Some Chefs these days seem to be fairly tatted up.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Don't mess with the narrative!

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

This is why something was lost when the board changed how quote function works. I was talking about QYWHATEVER throwing shit at the wall because he had no real response to the point you raised about Trump announcing plans without saying where the money would come from to pay for them.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Which is great, I agree with you. I don't know that it had registered on me, but that's on me. Given your unceasing defense of all things Republican and Trump, your breaking out into the language of sexual identity politics was unexpected and incongruous.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.