1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Now I see. I've never been a fan of the button. I just scroll right past the shit I don't think is worth reading and make fun of the stalkers.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

3. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Absolutely it was.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Gabby Giffords:

"Town halls and countless constituent meetings were a hallmark of my tenure in Congress. It’s how I was able to serve the people of southern Arizona. I believed that listening to my constituents was the most basic and core tenet of the job I was hired to do.

“I was shot on a Saturday morning. By Monday morning my offices were open to the public. Ron Barber – at my side that Saturday, who was shot multiple times, then elected to Congress in my stead – held town halls. It’s what the people deserve in a representative.

“In the past year, campaigning for gun safety, I have held over 50 public events.

“Many of the members of Congress who are refusing to hold town halls and listen to their constituents concerns are the very same politicians that have opposed commonsense gun violence prevention policies and have allowed the Washington gun lobby to threaten the safety of law enforcement and everyday citizens in our schools, businesses, places of worship, airports, and movie theaters.

“To the politicians who have abandoned their civic obligations, I say this: Have some courage. Face your constituents. Hold town halls.”

Gabrielle Giffords Urges Lawmakers To Listen To Their Constituents & Hold Town Halls - Americans for Responsible Solutions

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The North Carolina legislature.

franticscribe likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I'm really glad we have your position paper on it. We all won't have to go through life breathlessly wondering.

8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The button is cowardly. For people who know deep down they're overmatched. It's the "no mas" of message board options.

YankeeFan likes this.
  11. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.