1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm rarely "thrilled," but "pleased" works in this case. I've been impressed by Perez. Now it's time to get to work.

2. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Must be 300 of them self hatin' Jews.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Gonna celebrate with some champagne?

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, my response fits in with me being a moderate. Your posts show you to be a Republican fanboy who will accept anything and everything Trump does while desperately trying to demonize anyone who dares to disagree.

Are you going to denounce Trump's decision to put Bannon in a position of power now or just keep on with your hypocrisy?

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I was down there as well. I'd wanted to get there earlier, but had to drop my son off and was later than I had intended. That said, I think I'd have to have gotten there before 6:30 to get in. There was zero parking to be had anywhere in the Hoover Municipal Complex, and people continued to show up until around ten. I wound up parking in a retail parking lot across a six lane street with no provisions for pedestrians.

I'd guess the crowd at perhaps as much as 20% conservatives, (although there were many who showed no affiliation, that's a horseback estimate) and the rest liberals of some description. With a couple of exceptions (in particular the smirking bastard with the "Deport Dems" sign trolling the crowd) it was extremely civil. I heard a lot of people give Palmer credit for holding the event instead of hiding from his constituents, although there were a number of people who observed that there were many places in Hoover that held more than two hundred people and speculating that the small hall was intentional. I'd guess the crowd at more like 1,000, perhaps because I got there later. The line wrapped around the back of the building.

It felt like participatory democracy in action, and I think most everyone there felt that, no matter what their views were. There were lots of conversations going on, not all between people who agreed, but it wasn't angry or mean spirited.

Word was that The Daily Show was there as well, and I spoke to a lady who said that she was interviewed by them. She said that she had talked to several people on camera. She may have been the lady you referred to, Dixie.

Interesting morning. I wish I could have gotten inside. Speculation was that the next one will be held at Hoover High as they have an auditorium which seats around two thousand. Speculation also that it would be in April, as the March recess is only two days.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

IMG_3657.JPG
    I'm having a True Blonde Ale from Tampa Bay Brewing Co.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

LOL. I literally just reiterated that very thing, BC. Just a few posts back. #youneverdisappoint

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

10. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Looking forward to Tuesday night, when PRESIDENT TRUMP will answer all the questions.

11. outofplace

So we're supposed to believe that you are "troubled" by Bannon, but nobody can have a problem with Ellison without denouncing the entire Democratic Party? Yeah, you're still a hypocrite.

12. outofplace

Imagine what FOS might stand for.

Vombatus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.