1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Also wrong.

[​IMG]

2. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I'd stay around as long as possible and do everything I could on the mat to show what a stupid decision I felt the "association" made.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I wanted to play field hockey as a kid. Found out it was only a girls sport.

So, I didn't play field hockey.

Probably a good thing - I would have beaten women with sticks. Bad optics.

But, in today's world, lawsuit?

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

If it were my son, I think I'd advise him to compete in the regular season (assuming that's his only opportunity to wrestle) but to forgo the tournament. Because his sticking it to the man would be coming at the expense of a lot of innocent bystanders. Of course, I'm one of those doddering old twigs who believes both in the letter of the law and the spirit of the law.

I also know that if by some stupid decision I found myself eligible for only the women's club championship*, I'd just pass. I'd have a tremendous and unfair advantage over the field, and it wouldn't seem right.

*With my game as it is I probably wouldn't do any better as a result.

YankeeFan likes this.
  5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Speaking of wrestling, the local high school wrestling program won the state title for the 29th straight year.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I detect a change in tone. And all it took was getting slapped in the nuts by Perez.

7. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Sure. Sue the shit out of the schools over extracurriculars. It's the way of the world! Then bitch online about how the teachers are failing the students.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

"Dear Fucko: Suck a dick.

-- Signed, everyone associated with the Democratic Party in any way."

9. MisterCreosote

Kinda sounds like he was rooting for the anti-Semite.

Donny in his element likes this.
  10. MisterCreosote

Maybe the "association" should've taken those innocent bystanders into account when giving its ultimatum.

11. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Actually he just figured he could recycle all his old Mooslim Neegro bitching against Obama and reuse it against Ellison for a few more years.

12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I'm sure it thought it was. The rule as written protects biological females from being at a disadvantage in competitions against biological males who've transitioned (whether medically or not).

I get that I don't have your moral clarity, though. The certainty that you always are treading the high road ... it must be a nice thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.