1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The casual acceptance of anti-Semitism displayed by militant black and pro-Palestinian portions of the Democrats' base is disturbing. I don't know if that makes me a #boardcentrist, but I definitely don't like it and I definitely think it compromises the moral authority on that issue that should otherwise be clear as day given Bannon's presence and Trump's courting and re-tweeting of the alt-right.

There was definitely a better candidate somewhere than Keith Ellison.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Ellison's comments and attitudes raise questions of possible anti-Semitism or dubious commitment to Jewish rights.

As opposed to Bannon, who is a full throttle Neo-Nazi who wants to shove Jews in the ovens.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

There's been a pretty overtly anti-Semitic ... gang ... amid left-ish circles for awhile. Not the entirety of that side, mind you, but not trivial. The reaction to the Steven Salaita controversy -- both what led to it and the aftermath of it -- was a real eye-opener for me.

heyabbott likes this.
  5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Dems are not going to win middle America with Ellison. And the Dems aren't going to learn how to win a national electoral victory until they figure out that winning California and New York by 30 points vs 10 points is almost counter productive.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Dude, let the joke breathe before going to it in three straight posts.

7. doctorquant

I wasn't sure. Shoulda run it by The Certain One.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

You guys realize Ellison lost the DNC election, right?

And, BTW, here's how Tom Perez actually responded to the query about HRC referred to in the silly Washington Examiner tweet YF posted:

Everyone who wants to run should run and, I'm confident we're going to have a robust field of candidates."

And, besides, the party chair has fuck-all to do with who eventually runs for president or who doesn't or wins the nomination and who doesn't. He's the head organizer and his job is to rebuild the party structure from the ground up.

Tom Perez will be very good at that.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  9. doctorquant

Facebook teacher friend, commenting on DeVos' "free lunch" nothing-burger, says it shows DeVos has no "empathy" for public schools. Um, no, it shows you don't know what "empathy" means.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I understand that. I was trying to clarify the comment about the added issue if the athlete was injured. I wonder, would there be equal hell to pay if he hurt one of the girls he wrestled against?

I was playing a bit of devil's advocate. Elliotte's point above is well taken. The search for acceptance is very emotional for a transgender person. I deal with one through work and he is extremely sensitive to such issues and given his history, I absolutely understand why.

11. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Sounds pretty accurate to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.