1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Slather it with ketchup.

Webster, cranberry, Hermes and 7 others like this.
  2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Out of all the batshit, stupid, moronic things to come out of his mouth, this one from his remarks earlier is the one that actuaslly scares me (as opposed to making me roll my eyes and marvel at how ridiculous our country has become): "We have to start winning wars again."

I have trust in the checks and balances we have built in, which should keep some kind of a lid on what he can and can't do, and will allow for us to undo even the biggest idiocy. ... even if it takes us time to get it right (as it often does).

But the War Powers Act is too mushy for my tastes with someone this silly and unstable in power. You don't undo war -- at least not before you end up with a lot of corpses. I NEVER want a president talking about unspecific wars (like, "Lets go fight some wars! Isn't that fun?") that way. I only want them talking about war when they are backed up against a wall by someone and you feel they have no choice.

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think you are confusing beer snobs with wine snobs. Maybe a snob can't tell IPAs apart, but you sure as hell can tell the difference between Bud Lite and Sierra Nevada Pale Ale or whatever.

4. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

In college I drank Blatz Light for a while.

What a full, rich bouquet!

5. doctorquant

When I had my hole-in-one a few weeks ago, I was tempted to make a dash to the convenience store and buy a couple cases of Milwaukee's Best Light and get the club to stock 'em as a joke. Drink up, boys!

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

The colossal prick even managed to sound magnanimous.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Threw up a lot of Keystone in high school.

Ace likes this.
  8. doctorquant

???

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That was the worst. It was the specially lined can that caused it, right?

10. doctorquant

We drank Old Milwaukee in high school. We called 'em "red minners." You had your grey minners (minnows) for bait, and your red minners for inspiration.

Vombatus likes this.
  11. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

You had a hole-in-one?

12. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Used to pound these bad boys in college:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.