1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

You folks are getting a little crazy up there with the alternate spelling again.
    Straighten up. Remember what happened in 1812.

JC likes this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

That's one of the things my uncle told me. The difference between Busch, Bud and Michelob was 30, 60 and 90 days' aging.

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Same ownership group.

I worked at a Ponderosa in high school. I once witnessed a man weighing about five bills take an entire metal serving pan of those disgusting chicken wings Ponderosa had, turned it upside down and emptied them onto the fiberglass tray. Took it it back to his table as if it were the most unremarkable thing he'd done that day.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  4. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Moving up the teenage chain, we drank Old Milwaukee, moved up to Busch then moved up to Michelob.
    Then, in adulthood, I left those beers behind.

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Of course. But if overcooked and drowning in ketchup is the only way you enjoy cow and potato based meals, then I'd suggest the night at the "nice place" with your lady would be a good time to instead try something featuring a different food combination. You can get the prior fix anytime for nearly nothing at the nearest burger and fries stop.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

I guess if you're Rockefeller...

Nothing in the food world is $75 good. Nothing.

BTExpress likes this.
  7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I'm sure your suggestion will be noted and given the consideration it deserves.

8. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Burger King is evil shit. Charbroiled reminds me of the dunces who "grill out" at home and think they're performing a great service.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

You people who dig well-done steak with ketchup and schwag beer seem a tad defensive.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah. We kicked your ass while the British snuck around and did some redecorating until Andrew Jackson chased them off.

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You've got some fucked up food opinions.

poindexter likes this.
  12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Dude. The john and the grill are the only places in the house where married guys can escape.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.