1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I'm awaiting his thoughts on how terrible blowjobs are.

Donny in his element, Jssst21 and JC like this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Coors was the choice in the dorms in the early 80s. It seemed to lose a little something as it became more mass-produced. Blame Canada (the merger with Molson, that is), if not soccer. Hell, we just wanted to get blitzed.

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Not pleased.
    [​IMG]

4. Doom and gloom

Doom and gloom Active Member

1,600-plus posts since November is a sure sign of a meltdown. Welcome back to the glorious 50s fellers. Just when the former AG lamented "we were so close to getting everything we wanted." Enjoyed looking at the posts on 11/9. Honestly, I thought the former AG was right.

I never thought you guys on the left would blow this one, but you did.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Stroh's it is.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

This is a foodie* thread now.

* - Well, for those of us who don't like crispy steaks.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

When I was in college in the Southeast in the late '70s/early '80s, Coors was like the Holy Grail -- an almost mythical concept. Everyone wanted it but no one could get it.

If you remember, that's what Bandit and Snowman were sent out west to get.

Neutral Corner and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

McDonald's became franchised in the 1950s. Just sayin'.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Couple of years ago in Seattle (I was there for a conference), my wife and I wanted just a little something for dinner. We went to the hotel restaurant and decided that we'd each get a bowl of chowder and a glass of wine.

Our bill was $140.

The food wasn't close to being worth it. The laughter was.

Ace and SpeedTchr like this.
  10. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

Opinions. Opinions. If I took you out for a meal and you ordered some gack-worthy crap that I thought was horrible, I wouldn't comment on it. It's what you like. Go for it. Just don't expect me to pay more than 20 bucks for it :p

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

That is true. I'm in California and was in college in that same time frame, but its always been here. That part of the movie escaped me when it first came out. IIRC, Ford had Coors flown in straight from the brewery when he was in the White House. Beers like Stroh's and Rolling Rock were the great mystery brews to us on the West Coast.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

That always kills me when I travel for business and they put us up in these fancy-schmancy hotels. I'll always check the room service menus just for laughs. 28 bucks for a BLT!

SpeedTchr likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.