1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Screw them doctors and trainers with their fancy schmamcy book learnin. What do they know anyway. If I want little Billy Jack to go back in the game after gettin his bell rung, he's goin back in the game.

In my day we didn't worry about brain damage or concussions or none of that foolishness. When I was in high school I got knocked out four times in one game and thar ain't nuthin wrong with my brayne.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Even back when he was President, aside from policy differences, I felt Bush was a man of decent instincts and poor judgment. It was his misfortune that 9/11 created a situation where judgment became so important.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

My MIL was a fan. CC and water, too.

Up there I seemed to end up with this a lot:

[​IMG]

Iron_chet and cranberry like this.
  4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

In the Philly suburbs of my youth, Rolling Rock was the cheap beer of choice, because Schmidt's, the local brew, was undrinkable. There was also a little Ballantine Ale craze when everyone started doing drugs. Don't ask me why about that one.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That's the one thing I remember from the Bush years here at SJ.com.

As much as people here disagreed with him politically, they respected him as a person, and always spoke of him respectfully.

QYFW likes this.
  6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

First, are you aware Ellison lost? Second, please provide the most rock-solid, incriminating piece of information you have that suggests he's anti-semitic and we can discuss it from there. I have yet to be persuaded he's anti-semitic, but I'm sure an intellect like you will be able to convince me.

7. cranberry

I thought he he was a tool and I'll stick with that assessment.

YankeeFan likes this.
  8. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I always felt like he was in over his head in several respects. The truly "evil" stuff of that era was always pinned on Cheney or Rumsfeld. Now that it's all over, I get the feeling he's gone into full chill-out mode. Good for him, I suppose. He and Jeb! should go in on the Marlins and see if they can't have a second act. Can't be any worse than previous ownership.

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

The ignorant cannot be persuaded.

10. cranberry

Right. Exactly what I expect from someone who doesn't possess an ounce of knowledge about the accusation but wants to make it anyway.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Keith Ellison could get a full back tattoo of Hitler and kill every baby Jew in his neighborhood and as long as he's a Democrat, you'd fail to be persuaded he was anything but a loyal soldier. Your political takes have absolutely nothing to do with knowledge.

12. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I seem to remember reading a piece yesterday where 300 some Jews made it clear they felt he wasn't antisemitic. But I guess you know better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.